We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- ‘Cookies’ are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience or difficulty in your use of our site. For example, you may not be able to make a purchase or access your account information.
- ‘Log Files’ track actions occurring on the site, and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. ‘Web Beacons’, ‘Tags’, and ‘Pixels’ are electronic file used to record information about how you browse the site.
- ‘Analytics’: We use Google and may use other third-party service providers, to collect and analyze information about the use of our website and mobile applications. You can learn more about this at http://google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the order information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we may use this order information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relation to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with selected third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your personal information if necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Discoveries Consignment & Resale, Inc. or others.
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a ‘Do Not Track’ signal from your browser.
Discoveries Consignment & Resale, Inc. will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. You may inform us of any changes or requests about your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. However, Discoveries will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you choose to share through social media, such as by logging into our site from your social media account, please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared.